Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"Yes We Can"


Many people believe that THIS election will go down as one of the most controversial.  Yes.  That is obviously true.  But, THIS election is much more than controversial--its going to go down in history as our nation will see its first African American president.  Now, I now I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but honestly, who else is better to run this country?  Hillary Clinton?  I'm not even going to answer that.  I won't even waste my time talking about her.  I believe that Barack Obama has what it takes to change this country.  He can and will make a difference.

With this year being as important as it is, I became incredibly excited to be voting, but, only to find out that I miss the mark by a little under a month.  My birthday is in December, and I now feel like the wind was kicked out of me.  THIS election is going to be massive, and my voice won't get heard.  But, that's when I got the brilliant idea to go and stop by the Obama Headquarters by our courthouse.  I went in and asked if they had any pins, bumper stickers, etc.
   
They told me that they are out of everything except pins, so i stocked up on those and was like, well, I'll come back for shirts and bumper stickers.  As I walked out the door I stopped and said: "Ya know, I'm not going to be able to vote in this election, but this is one I feel very strongly about, and I want my voice to be heard.  Any suggestions?"  I was kind of laughing because I was frustrated and the man asked me to help them campaign.  So, I signed up and told them what I'd be willing to do and they'll call me whenever they need help.  

I am more than excited to be able to help out.  Now I am not so blue about the lack of me voting.  My opinion is going to make an impact on someone who can vote, and that's all that matters.  I just don't want to let this election pass and not have done anything to help out.  Years from now, this could be remembered as one of the biggest elections, and I want my voice to be heard--and now it will be.  Also, I found this video that Will.i.am made that is basically Barack Obama's (my favorite of his) speech: "Yes we can."  Enjoy.

VOTE!

follow the link below for the video:

No comments: